Monday, February 4, 2013

2 Months - The Month for Lovers


Two months down and a lifetime to go!

I am up to 10 lbs 2 ounces folks! (10-25%) I am 22.5 inches long (25-50%) and my noggin is 39 centimeters around (25-50%). I love being around people, and am most happy when you play with me. I hate getting my nose cleaned out.



I (Emily) love this time of year. Jeff, on the other hand, would prefer that Valentine's Day did not exist. After all, lovers should celebrate their amour year-round, not just on a day of the year specified by society. Although I agree with his point, I can't help but look forward to the "special occasion" wine, sparkling jewelry, delectable chocolates, and heart-shaped topiaries adorning the end of each aisle at Target (Note:I didn't say I would be receiving any of these things...see my note on Jeff's opinion in sentence 2 of this paragraph). Our world goes from the colors of Christmas to the color of love. Evergreen wreathes are replaced by twig wreaths formed into the shape of hearts. And why not have another day to give each other presents?  

It was around this time last year that Jeff and I had a night I will never forget. We bought one of those silly bottles of pink champagne from Trader Joe's, and spent a night consuming sweet bubbly while watching episode after episode of Modern Family. We laughed hysterically and cuddled on the couch together. Although this was not our Valentine's Day date, those February nights were some of the last ones "alone" we shared together, as I soon found out I was pregnant. During that time we were making the most of our rare moments together between Jeff's hectic work and school schedules. Shortly thereafter, we became occupied with preparing our lives for a baby.

Life has changed dramatically since those days, the biggest difference of course is that now we are a party of three. We laugh, wine, play, cry, and smile together. And we do A LOT of cuddling. How wonderful that our love as a couple has made the most wonderful Love of all, our little Everett. When you have been with someone for so long, it is easy to forget what brought you together in the first place, especially if you have children occupying your time. I for one am glad that Valentine's Day - and all its silly hearts - exists, if only to remind us of the love and passion that brings us pure and true Joy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...