Friday, December 13, 2013

Ebble's Favorite Things: Christmas Edition




1. Baby Moccasins. A few months ago, I bought Everett these baby moccasins off Etsy. They are my faves! The other day, Everett and I were out shopping at Costco. He was not wearing his moccasins because he hid one of them under the crib, I could not find it, and I was in a hurry to get us out the door. When I put him in the car after our shopping adventure, I realized he had lost one of his Robeez shoes in the warehouse. I spent the next 30 minutes of my life frantically searching the store - and I'm lucky I did finally find the shoe in that madhouse. I wished he was wearing his moccasins because the wrap-around laces make it hard for him to kick or pull off the shoes. He will eventually pull off and chew on anything decorating his foot, but the design of this bootie makes it MUCH harder. Buying shoes at this age is tough. You need something to protect their walking feet, but many baby shoes are not designed for little walkers, and can actually hinder their walking development. I can't remember where I read this, but in my mom research I learned that soft-soled shoes are best for little babies who are finding their feet. Everett will be getting a pair of  fuzzy bootie moccasins for Christmas to keep his feet warm and cozy during these chilly months. The best part? Etsy purchases support small businesses, this particular shop owner uses all local materials, and her products have stood the test of time in our household. Worth every penny.
2.   Four Graces Winery. Since my last post made me sound like a total wine-o, I decided to feature my new favorite wine on this month's favorites. Embrace your vices! The Four Graces winery is a small establishment in Oregon wine country. We stopped by their tasting room on a whim while wine tasting, and I am so glad we did. Sometimes the smaller vineyards have the best wine. Though in my opinion, the high quality of this wine will not keep them small for long. Get it while it's cheap...ish. Our favorites were the Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, and the Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. We do not usually like whites, so that is really saying something. A bottle of this will make a great Christmas gift, or the perfect dinner wine for a special occasion - like Christmas. We got a bottle for our nanny, who could really use the alcohol after a week with 2 babies. NOTE: don't be mistaken, we rarely spend more than $10 on a bottle of wine.
3. Zebra Push Toy. A friend of mine sent me the link to this toy. LOVE! I remember toys like this from my childhood, and they were always my favorite. This one is especially appealing to me because it is made of natural materials, which is always a plus in my book.
4. Riding toys. Oh man. Everett got one of these for his birthday, and he will not stop playing with it. This toy is the perfect "big Christmas present" for a reasonable price. In my experience, you can't go wrong with a toy if it has wheels.  
5. Costco Peppermint Bark. No description necessary. I hope you are lucky enough to have a Costco in your area. Then, I hope you are lucky enough that the Peppermint Bark is not sold out. Check the bakery section for a delicious holiday treat.
6. Christmas in the Manger. Our friend M gave Everett this book for his birthday. I cried at the turn of every page when reading it for the first time. Then I couldn't stop crying. Christmas is a very emotional time for me...obviously. The book is written with sweet little poems on every page, and beautifully captures the true meaning of Christmas.
7. Recycled Plastic Stacker. I featured this one a few months back, but it is just as used today as it was then. Now Everett is learning to put the toy back together, so I am not having to clean up after him as much, and he is developing his hand-eye coordination.
8. SleepSacks. I was skeptical of this product at first. I mean, why not just put a blanket on your kid? I have seen the light! Once babies start tossing and turning in their sleep, a blanket does not stay covering their little bodies. A Sleep Sack will keep your little bundle warm on the coldest of nights - nights when Mom is cuddled in a down blanket and fuzzy socks (both of which will fall off a baby).


Everett will also be getting a convertible car seat for Christmas. After about a year of research, we have it narrowed down to 1) Clek Foonf, 2) Chicco Nextfit, 3) Maxi Cosi Pria 70, and 4) Britax Marathon. Now accepting suggestions on brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...