Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Ocean Air

Last Monday, I was lucky enough to have a full day to myself. No kids. So in true parent fashion, I went out for brunch, downed a mimosa, then came home and got to work painting our TV room.


Can you tell I have an issue with beige paint? Beige paint and I have a complicated relationship. I know the whole idea is that messes blend in better, but I hate thinking there are fingerprints and little bits of grime hiding in those walls. When something is white, I know it's dirty, I clean it. With beige, everything is just so unpredictable.

For example, Alice apparently squished one of the tomatoes on our windowsill against a wall, and I had NO clue until I went to paint the wall! At any rate, beige is not for me.


Here is a picture from the house listing for comparison.


Beige really is such a nice, warm color. I immediately felt colder after the new paint was on the walls. BUUUUUT then I realized this was because I forgot to turn the heater on. Go figure.


Isn't this the cutest rainbow artwork Everett made? I love how his smiley faces always look just a little insane.


So now we have a happy color that makes the room a little brighter. Alice is disappointed that we didn't paint the room purple. Maybe next time sweetie.

I chose the color like I always do. I sit and stare at it for weeks before committing. It's a lot of work to paint something a color you don't love. We landed on Ocean Air by Benjamin Moore, mixed by Sherwin Williams in the Harmony paint.

We have artwork for the room, but I just need to take the time and $ to get it professionally framed. For now, Everett wanted to collect some leaves from the yard and frame them. I love how his little brain already recognizes space. He is asking if we can make a third frame to fill the space between the other two. I only had these two frames, and we just used the nails there from the previous owners. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...