Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ebble's Favorite Things: November Edition


1. Van Gogh and Merlot - My office had a private party with Ulysses Mireles, founder and owner of Van Gogh and Merlot in Spokane. Basically, you sit and drink wine while painting, and Ulysses  instructs the group on how to create a fantastic piece of art. Before we started, I was completely overwhelmed, wondering how my final product was going to look anything like the sample, but he has such a wonderful way of explaining how to make a blank canvas come alive - even if you are not an artist or artistically inclined. You can see my finished product here. Check out the website for information on when/where you can join the painting party!
2.  Alba Botanica ACNEdote Wash - As we have discussed, stress has given me a bit of an acne problem these days (#househunting). I have been using Clinique's acne wash for a few years now, but Alba's new ACNEdote wash was recently recommended to me by an esthetician. My skin is far from perfect now, but let me just say that this stuff is rad. It smells fresh and strips makeup off better than any other product I have used, and that includes removing waterproof mascara. After 2 months of use, I am very pleased with this product. 
3.  Aden and Anais Swaddling Blankets - This is a product we have been using since Everett was a wee one. When he liked being swaddled, we would wrap him tight in these blankets. Today, he still uses them as comfort objects. If you peep your head into his room while he is falling asleep, you will see him clutching one close to his face.
4.  Cloud B Sleep Sheep - We started using Everett's Sleep Sheep when he was just a couple weeks old. The Happiest Baby On the Block suggests using sound machines for newborns, as they are used to the sound of Mother's womb. We are still using the Sleep Sheep to create ambient noise while Everett is asleep. It makes our talking and TV watching less obvious when Everett is listening to the sound of the ocean. I like the sounds programmed into the on-the-go version, and it is easy to take from home to the babysitter's house, but I've heard people are also happy with the larger version.
5.  Trader Joe's Harvest Blend Herbal Tea - I like tea, but I would not call myself a tea drinker. On the average day, I would rather grab a cup of coffee or wine, but this impulse buy from my trip to Trader Joe's the other day has converted me. I get home from work, and the first thing I want to do is make a glass of this tea. The taste, the texture, the way it makes my living room smell...I love everything about it. Last night, I fell asleep on the couch holding a cup of this, and I dropped the full mug all over myself and Willow when I started dozing. We smelled like autumn gladness.
6. Pampered Chef Serrated Peeler - This peeler is legit. It has been a staple in my baby-food-making adventures. This guy peels a peach with finesse, and slices through the outside of a jicama like a boss. Peeling produce has never been so fast and easy. However, do not let the kids use this because it is sharp. I can't tell you how many times (after drinking wine) I've cut myself with this thing. Consider yourself warned: don't drink and peel.

I just realized this post makes me sound like a total wine-o. I promise I don't drink that much.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...