Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thanksgiving Craft

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love how we use this day to spend time with loved ones and express gratitude....then eat your heart out. I wanted to make a quick, easy craft like this one, and make it my own. The hardest part about this craft was when fabric paint squirted all over me. Luckily I wasn't wearing anything important, but it did take 15 minutes to get all the black paint out of my hair.

Supplies:
  • Pencil.
  • Scissors.
  • Cardboard box.
  • Rough fabric, such as burlap (I had muslin so used it).
  • Fabric paint.
  • Paint brush.
  • Twine (I didn't have this so used jute rope).
  • Hot glue gun.

Step 1:  Using an old cardboard box, create a stencil for the banners in the shape of a triangle.



Step 2: Use the stencil to trace and cut 8 triangles from your fabric.



Step 3: Using the fabric paint, write your letters on the cut fabric. Be sure to put something under the fabric as you paint. You can use stencils if you don't feel confident writing freehand.



Step 4: Lay down the rope or twine in the same shape it will be hung. You want it as close as possible to its hanging shape so the letters line up on the correct side of the string. Take your hot glue gun and glue the letters to your twine/rope.



Step 5: Hang! I used small thumb tacks to keep the banner in place.


Sorry for the messy final picture. Some of us work and aren't home during daylight.

This year, we will be joining Jeff's family in Portland to celebrate Thanksgiving. And it also happens to be his sister's birthday, so we will be celebrating her as well. I can't wait!

*******

I'm thankful for this guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...