Some of my fondest memories involve sitting outside on a hot evening sipping a cool beverage. One of my favorite beverages, and one of the easiest to make, is the Whiskey Ginger.
I don't add a whole lot of extra things to this drink (like actual ginger) because 1) I think spending money on garnish is silly, and 2) I'm a mom - which means the purpose of drinking is to drink, not to prep.
- Fill a standard sized tumbler or glass to the brim with ice cubes.
- Sprinkle in a few drops of bitters.
- Pour 1 shot of whiskey over ice.
- Fill remainder of the glass with ginger ale.
- Sip in the company of good friends.