Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Christmas is over and it is a Brand New Year. Like clockwork, every year the busyness of holiday preparations is quickly followed by the tearing down of all our beloved decorations. This year, I saw someone taking down their Christmas lights on Christmas Eve and it made me abysmally sad. To top it all off, we said Aloha to some loved ones this last week. A handful of our friends are moving on to new chapters of life in new cities, and we are stuck here with the emptiness they once filled.

But hey, it's a new year and we all get a new slate. Rather than making resolutions, I have dedicated myself to personal growth and being true to myself. I think that's pretty doable. After all, "How am I not myself?" (Kudos to anyone who gets that reference...we are officially friends.)


Oh, and I plan on getting myself organized now that we have more house space. But that's not really a resolution. It is more of a seasonal goal - among other seasonal goals in my mind (Jeff doesn't know it yet, but I am going to make him build things this spring).

I've felt a little stifled creatively these last few years. I am a creative person by God's design, and my day is generally filled with data, structure, and repetition. This online space has helped me cope with that, so thank you for following me on this crazy journey we like to call Life.





Goodbye 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...