Friday, October 23, 2015

Telecommuting (3)

Everett and I had quite the busy telecommuting day. Between checking emails and finishing work projects, we brought the cat to a $400 vet appointment (not doing that again), worked on his Halloween costume, went to a parent-teacher conference at his school, got his hair cut, and visited the Finch Arboretum. At the end of the day I went to prego yoga, then crashed on the couch and binge watched Vampire Diaries.

What a perfect day it was! I was especially ecstatic about taking Everett to the arboretum on a day when there weren't a million families in matching outfits getting their Christmas photos taken (that will be us in a couple weeks, so no judgment).



Observing the leaves falling from the trees.


Everett's favorite part of the arboretum is the stream. Big surprise?


He loved throwing leaves in the water, then watching them float away. I find these types of activities helpful for raising a little boy. They do not need piles of toys to stay entertained when imagination and natural reasoning skills are properly developed.





We found an awesome pile of leaves on our way back to the car. 


I have a hysterical video of him jumping in the pile, turning around to tell me to stop taking pictures, then walking toward me demanding I put my phone away. After that he searched really hard to find me the perfect leaf. Such a sweet and sassy boy! And for the record, he loved watching those videos of himself later. You're welcome, sonny. Mom knows best.




 The arboretum is one of my favorite places to spend an afternoon in Spokane. I love exploring all the trails and unique trees, and Everett had a pretty good time, too.


We absolutely love the gal who cuts Everett's hair. If you live in Spokane and need someone to do your family's hair, Miranda is theeee best. She is great with kids, and has a kid-friendly area for when moms and dads need to get their hair done. Most of the time I will book Everett's and my appointment back to back, then he gets to play with her awesome toys while I get beautified. I will not let anyone else touch my hair, or Everett's for that matter. You have to book her pretty far in advance, because she is that awesome, but the wait is totally worth it.



I am so proud of this little guy. He is growing up to be quite the young man. He is respectful to his friends, has made huge strides with sharing (thanks daycare!), I can trust him when he's playing independently, and he has been an incredible listener these last few weeks. Of course he has his moments, but at the end of the day I feel so lucky to be his mom. #blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...