Sunday, April 28, 2013

What's In a Name?

Last weekend, we had the pleasure and honor of playing the roles of Ring Bearer and Flower Girl in our friends P&K's wedding. It was an awesome event, and I definitely had whip lash from all our creative dance moves. The wedding was gorgeous. Our BGF (best gay forever) did flowers, and our friend S crafted dozens of candle holders she made from old wine bottles. Their creativity transformed a plain room into a warm, beautiful setting for a reception. What an event!

Wine bottle candleholder (oops I stole it from the reception) next to flower girl basket.


We headed to western Washington to be a part of the wedding festivities, and figured we might as well check out the Tulip Festival. Seeing the tulip farms has been on my Bucket List, and we had a bit of free time on a weekday (suggested to avoid the massive crowds). Let's do it!






Of course I forgot my camera, so the only pictures I have are from my cell phone/Instagram.

To get to Mt. Vernon, home of the Tulip Festival, one must drive through Everett, Washington. Yay! I had never been there before, and I was interested in seeing what the place looks like. When one googles "Everett, Washington," these are the images one might view:



How quaint and scenic is that?

But when you drive through Everett, Washington, this is really what you see:



Neither quaint, nor scenic.

So for the rest of our time on the west side, I found myself saying, "This is Everett. We didn't name him after the town." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...