Friday, May 3, 2013

Fit (or not) for Bloomsday

Bloomsday is this weekend! Cue guilt complex...I got put in the "Yellow Group." This means I am assigned to start with runners who anticipate getting stellar finish times. Since I haven't worked out in 2 months, and since I haven't run further than 3 miles since pre-prego days, I might end up starting with the clowns back in the walking group (I call them clowns because many are dressed in costumes).

My body might not be in race shape, but healthy eating this week is necessary to keep my muscles gelatinous, yet healthy. Here is a fast, nutritious recipe that will blow-ur-mind.


Farro Salad

Ingredients
  • 10-minute farro from Trader Joe's
  • crisp cucumbers
  • 1/2 red onion
  • tomatoes
  • 1 avocado
  • feta cheese
  • 1/2 bottle balsalmic viniagrette
  • chopped fresh parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste 

Cook farro according to instructions on package. Chop your vegetables while the farro is cooking. Once farro is done, strain in colander and run under cool water. Mix farro, veggies, feta, dressing, salt and pepper. Enjoy!

My favorite thing about this salad is that it keeps in the refrigerator. Most salads do not make good leftovers, but this one takes the cake. 

Bam!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...