1. If you're a whore for Gossip Girl and The Hills like me, you'll love Kevin Kwan's Crazy Rich Asians. It's like I'm reading about Serena and Dan's relationship...only in Singapore. There are some pretty quotable moments in the characters' interactions, so pick up this book if you're looking for a fun read.
2. Green Toys Stacker. Everett loves this stacker toy. It is the first thing he goes to in his play area. He knocks it over, then chases all the pieces around the house. And the best news? It's made from 100% recycled milk jugs! The worst news? He doesn't clean up after himself.
3. My friend Marbar got us this book as a baby shower gift. This is by far one of my favorite baby items. We have an awesome photo album our friend W made for us, then we use Nikki McClure's journal to document Everett's firsts by hand. McClure, the author/artist of this gem, designs her artwork by cutting pieces of paper with an x-acto knife. The images are quite striking, and perfectly capture the emotions of being a new parent. If you have a pregnant friend, this is a fantastic gift.
4. Remember how that g'ma in My Big Fat Greek Wedding swore by Windex? Well, I'm here to tell you that I swear by A&D Ointment. It works on diaper rash, dry skin, and even heals when you burn the top layer of your skin off with acid...long story. Do you have dry, chapped winter hands? Well, slather this stuff on before you go to bed, cover your hands with gloves, then wake up to a whole new you! Prove me wrong if you can, this stuff is bomb.
5. Pocket bibs! These Pottery Barn Kids bibs are spendy, but they are legit. Now that Everett is taking a more active roll in feeding himself at the dinner table, he is also making a far bigger mess. The vinyl fabric on these bibs doesn't stain, and the pocket catches stray crumbs from clumsy hands. This means less of a mess to clean after Baby has been sampling food chunks. Winner!