Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Autumn Weekends


I randomly got a 3-day weekend, and boy did I ever take advantage of it! It has been a crazy couple weeks: our dryer broke and we were air drying clothes for a few days (good thing cloth diapers prepared us for this), and Willow suffered from a broken nail. This last thing sounds trivial, but anyone who has ever had this happen to a dog can understand the severity of the situation. She left blood stains all over our house and car and souls. Luckily this weekend gave us a chance to make sure all that stuff has been cleaned and sanitized, and I had plenty of time for rest and relaxation (and sewing).


This weekend Jeff and I finished season 5 of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix. You can judge all you want, but that show is addicting. On Saturday night my friend and I went to the Blue Man Group. It was so random, and so funny, and we deduced that people so need to be on drugs to fully appreciate the experience. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our sober viewing of mimes plastered in blue paint.

After church, we went up to Greenbluff. It was a little too crazy up there for me, so I think it will be weekday excursions from now on. Apparently becoming a mother has given me crowd anxiety.

On my last night home, Everett and I played at the park until well after dark. Then I made us some hot chocolate before we settled down for bed. It was the perfect way to end the long weekend.

But my favorite moment was going to the Finch Arboretum. Spokane weather has been fantastic this fall, and the trees are changing at the perfect pace: slowly. To top it all off, Everett's autumnal joy is exactly what I was hoping it would be.



 We learned how to throw leaves:

One...

Two...

Fwee!


Not sure why he's posing like a gopher in this photo...but his expression is too funny not to share.



The only bad thing about being the photographer of the family is that the pictures of me turn out like this...


And this...

Sasquatch lives!


Oh well...


Ok, I think I've bombarded you with enough photographs for now. Our goal was to get Christmas card photos, but I couldn't get the self-timer on the camera to work. It's an old piece of equipment, so no surprises there. However, Everett was very helpful with the tripod.


I know, I said I was done posting pictures. Sorry not sorry!
 I hope your fall is as lovely as ours has been. If not, autumnal blessings sent to you from the Wirths!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...