Wednesday, March 4, 2015

How-To: Cheaply Frame Photography/Artwork


I'm taking a break from posting pictures of Iceland to share one of my easy (read: lazy) crafting projects. Way back when (July to be exact), I was walking down the hall at work at saw this beauty sitting outside an office.


I pounced on it and brought it back to my office. The response from my coworkers was pretty consistently along the lines of, "Oh! That's....cute?" Sure, the picture is incredibly 1990's "Thomas Kinkade Mall Display-ish", but this girl never turns down a free picture frame.

I took some gold spray paint out of storage, quickly covered the glass (a less lazy person would have invested more time in removing the glass), and went to town.


Since all house projects with a curious child require minimal time investment, and since Everett was far too curious about the can of spray paint, the job is not perfect. However, now we have some artwork to fill our newly remodeled master suite.

Please ignore my reflection in the glass.


And here is where I'm really bad...I turned over the old 1990's picture and simply taped my photograph to the back of the print, which happened to be the cardboard you see pictured. Some day, when I have a bit more time and far less laziness, I will use the white foam board I already bought to make an actual mat for the frame. For now, I think I kind of like it the way it is.


This picture is a Costco poster print from one of our trips to Cannon Beach, Oregon. Now, when I am reading in bed at night, I can look up and be transported to one of the most relaxing places in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...