Friday, March 27, 2015

Digging Through the Past



Pulling together pictures for the Etsy shop has forced me to revisit my past life, as well as what I have accomplished over the years. If you asked me 10 years ago what I would want my life to look like, I pictured exactly where I am today. We planned to live abroad for a few years, as all college grads do, but somehow my getting a real job right out of school when the economy crashed dictated that era of my life. Despite that, we still managed to remain true to ourselves. And we made some pretty great memories.


Vintage Truck

The perfect soundtrack for this activity? Carrie and Lowell by the one and only Sufjan Stevens. It is currently streaming on NPR, and it is beautiful. Art is born through real emotion, and this album is Real.

In a similar theme, I wind down every night reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed. The Kindle book is only $4.62, which is a worthy investment in my opinion. Like Carrie and Lowell, this book is about the grief which comes after living a hard life and losing a mother. There is one part of the book that had me weeping in agony - you will know it when you get there.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. 

"Make the most of your life
While it is rife
While it is light

Well, you do enough talk
My little hawk,
Why do you cry?
Tell me what did you learn
From the Tillamook Burn
Or the Forth of July?

We're all gonna die"
~Sufjan Stevens 

Cannon Beach Sunset II

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...