Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter Memories

This time of life has been so precious. Everett is at a super fun (and at times trying) stage of life. He still has that happy-go-lucky attitude about life (except when he's throwing a tantrum), and holidays like Easter are a time of wonder in our house.

Easter is a very important time of year. I want to make sure my kids grow up having a reverence for the holiday, so I put together a few fun activities in the days preparing for Easter.

We baked bread together to serve with our fish on Good Friday. Fish is a traditional dish on Good Friday, as well as all Fridays throughout the season of Lent.



We talked about the cross and did a craft using Con-tact paper, tissue, and cardstock.




And we made Easter eggs. 


On Easter Sunday he woke up to a basket filled with goodies. I hardly had time to snap a shot before he tore Dusty out of the basket!


This toy was the best $5.00 I've spent in a long time. He loves it so much and takes it everywhere, even to bed.





I thought about not doing the whole Easter Bunny thing, but then realized that Everett's toddler reasoning might cause him to expect his parents to put together a basket of goodies for him on a regular basis. No, it's better to have a Bunny. Even though I have always kind of been against the idea of tricking my children, I think there is some value in it. The last thing I want is an entitled child. Now, being that rationally minded adult in a child's world, I have to remember to talk about the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. It is funny how much having a child can change your perspective on things like this.

Later that afternoon his Grandpa had an Easter egg hunt and he got to spend time with his favorite people: his Aunts and cousins.



The funny part about the egg hunt was that several of the Easter eggs had been chewed open by the neighborhood squirrels. The little critters were kind enough to leave behind the wrappers though. It was a classic Dad moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...