Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Spring Awakening

We are lucky to live in a world of springs. This is one of my favorite times of year. The trees, which appeared dead for months, are coming back to life. I am always filled with wonder when this happens, and I am thankful when the moment arrives.

I have felt ill for many weeks, but hopefully the round of antibiotics I just got from the doctor will soon bring wellness. In the meantime, I am doing my best to enjoy this time of year - even if this means simply opening the window and listening to the birds while resting on the couch.

Beautiful peonies from Trader Joe's to brighten the house and welcome the spring.

The in-laws came this past weekend for the annual Bloomsday tradition. Everett finished his 3rd Bloomsday race with Grandma, and he was a total champ for sitting in the stroller that long. I am so proud of him! My race finish time was not what I wanted, but I have been feeling so crummy that I am simply grateful my body took me to the finish.

The month of May in our house will feature balance, wellness, gardening, spring cleaning, and celebrations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...