Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter - 16 Months

Anyone who works with admissions for a university will tell you April is a crazy month, and anyone who works for a church will tell you April is a crazy month. Unfortunately, I work for both, and this month has been exhausting. I don't like being the type of person who pours herself a glass of wine every night (well...maybe I like being that person a little), but the last few weeks have been physically and emotionally draining. I have felt my sanity slipping like flour through a sifter, and I finally cracked the other day when I came home to a house covered in plaster, dust, and attic insulation (not to mention a few holes left in our walls) - the electricians had come.

All that being said, Easter came and went with only two additional panic attacks. Since I work for a Catholic university, they gave us Good Friday and Easter Monday off, and the four-day weekend was a much needed blessing. I finally got to spend quality time with my family, and I got in some good runs. Speaking of which, I'm running a half marathon in a few weeks. If there are no blog updates after June 1st, I am dead.

Without further ado, obligatory egg photos.


Jeff dyed all the clever looking ones. I only know how to make Irish flags.


Can you guess which one Everett dyed?


 Now that Everett is almost 17 months old, I thought I should post some 16 month photos.


This little guy is still obsessed with his books, taking walks, playing in the park, chasing the dog and cat, drinking from sippy cups, and being a busy body in general. He started cutting his final baby tooth a couple weeks ago, putting us at 8 teeth cutting in a 1-month span. I kind of prefer them all to come at once anyway. The 2-year molars are next! Good thing we have a couple months to recover.

And for those of you who are wondering...YES the amber teething necklace works. While Everett was cutting all 4 of his baby molars at the same time, we only needed to give him Tylenol once. From what I've heard, this is highly irregular.


Check out this awesome sippy we found at Target!


I have been drying my laundry upstairs since we have a construction zone in our basement. My dangling bras shirts have been fun toys for both Everett and the cat.


He grabbed one of my damp tank tops and put it on as a cape.




And he loves to feed himself like a big boy, usually with utensils. He would prefer not being in a high chair, but Mom doesn't think he's ready.


 Sorry for all the pictures! Normally I would make this a separate post, but I am already so far behind! Here are some of my favorite moments from Easter. Everett went on his first Easter egg hunt. He had no idea what was going on, but he loved chasing his cousins around the yard.


The big kids were loving all the candy. I didn't let Everett have any sweets from the eggs hunt because I'm Mean Mom, and because he ate an entire cinnamon roll for brunch. Good thing he's young enough to be oblivious.


She was a little grossed out because her chocolate melted.
 


And then they were all in a sugar coma.


 Meanwhile, Baby Ceci was inside snoozing like an angel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...