Friday, August 14, 2015

Around Here

This week has been a crazy one. I think my "favorite" moment this week was coming home to discover the freezer door had been left wide open all day (we don't have AC and it was 100 degrees that day). I had a pretty big mess to clean up.

In the midst of all the random craziness, I am always ever so grateful for my telecommuting days. It is a welcome sigh of relief to have a day where I can schedule work hours around my family. Between this week's telecommuting work projects, I was able to snap a few photos with my new camera!

As much as I hated spending so much on an object that is not important in the grand scheme of life, sometimes we just need to embrace our #firstworld problems and fork out hundreds of dollars on the things we love. The new camera is a million times better than my old one, and it has been quite the adjustment. I have always preferred shooting in manual mode, and this camera does much of the work that made my old camera difficult while taking manual shots. I still have a lot to learn, but I hope to get there soon. I think I finally have all the settings where I want them to be.

These were all shot with the 50mm lens Jeff bought me for Christmas a couple years ago. I love this lens! And it works far better on this camera than my old one.




I also wanted to capture a few indoor shots at a higher ISO. I think it still works great, even with a wiggling subject. 

Yesterday morning Everett broke out of the house, turned on the sprinkler, and started running through the water. I told him he needed shoes on if he was going to play outside, so he ran inside and attempted to put on a pair of shoes. He is such a funny little kid.






I am pretty darned proud of myself. I made my first ever batch of non-freezer jam (even though we now have plenty of room in our freezer). I had nightmares that all the lids popped up overnight, but when I woke up in the morning, not one had popped. This is probably because I had Jeff use his man hands to tighten them. Hopefully we will be able to get them open when it comes time to consume the deliciousness. 

Peaches for days!

We finally got some calls from daycares this week. We have been on waitlists for months! My little baby will be starting "preschool" soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...