Friday, August 28, 2015

& Baby Makes Four!

It's officially official (Facebook official). We are expecting another bundle of joy at the end of February 2016.


Here are the pregnancy FAQ's:

How far along are you? 15 weeks.

How are you feeling? Hungry.

Have you been sick? I feel better now, but the first 8 weeks were rough. Our trip to Yellowstone was actually a good distraction (I only threw up once on the whole trip - when I walked into an outhouse that had been DESTROYED by the previous occupant). Also, chewing gum when I start feeling queasy has helped immensely. 

Are you going to find out what you're having? Oh yes. Definitely. I don't do well with surprises. In fact, I usually find out every present I'm going to get beforehand because my brain can't stop the process of deduction. Also, I like being prepared, so not knowing if I have enough of everything will drive me nuts.

Do you want a girl or a boy? We all know how the game works. People with boys keep having babies until they get their girl. To be honest, I'm kind of feeling done with this whole pregnancy thing. I hated it the first time, and I hate it again this time. I also know what being a working mom does to me emotionally, and I'm not sure I can put myself through this too many more times. Therefore, if we have a girl, GREAT. We can call our perfect family done. If we have a boy, GREAT. We have everything we need for a boy, so I feel more prepared for a boy. And having been through the boy thing, we know how to do boys already (sorry folks, boys and girls are truly different by design, even though I was convinced otherwise before I had a boy). And boys are so much stinking fun. In answer to this question, I would truly be happy either way.

Do you have names picked out? Not yet, but I have a few ideas.

Are you craving anything? Right now it's tomatoes! Which is funny because I usually hate tomatoes. These days I'll take them any way I can get them. In fact, yesterday I bought four different types of tomato soup, and I made pasta with tomato sauce for dinner. Thank goodness tomatoes are currently in season because no tomato can compare to a perfectly ripe heirloom tomato. Preferably smothered in pesto. Or served with fresh mozzarella. Yummmmm. I could go on about tomatoes for days.

How much weight have you gained? I'm guessing 10+ pounds. I gained a lot in the first trimester with Everett, too. First trimester sickness is easier when you just keep eating, so I just keep eating.

Is Everett excited to be a big brother? Everett has no idea what's going on. We have been talking a lot about babies, and he always wants to check out babies we see in public. For now we just talk about how we will get our own baby in a little while. If anyone knows of a good children's book that introduces the topic, I am here to take suggestions.

I think that about sums it all up! Stay tuned for more!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...