Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shower the People You Love With Love

With roughly three weeks to go, the house is basically ready to accommodate a baby. Are we ready though? NOPE! This week we discovered Jeff's paternity leave benefits will not kick in until the week after my due date. This news caused us a lot of anxiety, so I am hoping to hold this guy in for as long as possible. Of course, now that I've said this he'll probably come a week early. That's what they refer to as the Luck of the Irish, and I definitely have it (for those who don't know, Irish people are notoriously NOT lucky). 

My sister-in-law, sisters, and mom hosted a pretty rockin' shower for me. My most regrettable pregnancy brain moment so far was leaving my camera at home during this event. Luckily my mother-in-law was able to capture a few shots from the big event. It was so much fun to see all my friends and family together, and we received some very special gifts.

Look at all those presents!!! It took me an hour and a half to open everything. I think everyone was a little stir crazy by the end.

Caught in the act! Pigging out on pumpkin muffins.

Amazing cupcakes made by my sister-in-law. Brown butter pumpkin cupcakes with salted caramel frosting. I'm still thinking about them.
Look at the amazing quilt my friend Stacey made for us! She crafted this gem without even knowing our nursery is whale themed.

Look at all the fun toys he acquired!

More exciting news in the Wirth world: last week I bought and installed our infant car seat all by my lonesome. I kept hearing people refer to this activity with dread, and they would say things like:

"My husband is at home trying to figure out how to install the car seat. I should bring him home a bottle of wine."
OR
"Putting the car seat in wasn't that bad. It only took me 2 hours."

Jeff has been working 2 jobs since September, so I knew I would most likely end up completing this fun-filled activity myself. And guess what...it took me a total of 5 minutes. As my talents do not include brute strength, the only shaky part was tightening the strap to pull down the base. But being the clever girl I am, I just sat my pregnant behind on the base, pulled the strap, and VOILA! Obviously thinking I did something wrong - because this activity was way easier than others made it out to be - I checked a YouTube video and discovered that it really isn't that complicated (the video is 30 seconds long).

My advice to people: read your car manual first, then read the instructions to the car seat. It's not rocket science, it's just basic literacy.

The hardest part about installing the car seat was picking out the car seat at the store. My mom patiently watched me deliberate over 3 different seats. Then when I narrowed it down to 2 seats I couldn't decide on a color. Sorry Mom. Unfortunately, I can't give you those 45 minutes of your life back.

The nursery is done-ish! Pictures coming soon. I packed our bag for the hospital and made a list of last minute items to throw in. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the dog when I go into labor. Notice how I'm not concerned about the cat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...